Landmarks refused to legalize home alteration

Owner demolished projecting bay and built sun deck. Without permits, George Aigen demolished a projecting bay on his home at 58 Midwood Street and built a deck in its place. Aigen’s house was built in 1898 and is part of a string of Romanesque Revival/neo-Renaissance style rowhouses within the Prospect-Lefferts Gardens Historic District.

After Landmarks issued a warning letter for the demolition, deck construction and additional demolition of a rear shed, Aigen applied to legalize … <Read More>