Backyard addition to 1841 Village townhouse approved

Landmarks approved controversial three-story addition. At a March 7, 2006 meeting, Landmarks unanimously approved a three-story rear addition to an 1841 Greek Revival building at 159 West 12th Street in the Greenwich Village Historic District. The initial plan, presented by Hottenroth & Joseph Architects, called for demolition of an existing two-story addition and construction of a new four-story addition approximately 1,300 sq.ft. larger.

At the hearing, the owners, Donna and Paul Ullman, testified that they … <Read More>