CLE: NEW YORK CITY PROCUREMENT LAW: DOING BUSINESS WITH NEW YORK
The Center for New York City Law & the New York City Law Department
Wednesday, November 6, 2013, from 2:00 p.m. to 5:45 p.m.
New York Law School
185 West Broadway (between Worth & Leonard Streets)
3.5 CLE credits
(3.5 Transitional and Nontransitional Credits: 3 in Professional Practice and .5 in Ethics and Professionalism)
$175 general registration fee
Session 1: Overview of the Law and Rules Governing NYC Procurements
What’s New for Vendors in 2013?
2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Speakers: Steven Stein Cushman; Martha Mann Alfaro; Howard Friedman
● Competitive sealed bids: New PPB rules and State law allowing the City to award contracts for the purchase of goods and standard services on a “Best Value” basis.
● Minority and woman-owned business enterprises (MWBE): New local law and opportunities to participate in New York City contracts.
● Contracts for client and community based services: The HHS Accelerator program to speed and simplify contracting.
● Pay to Play and COIB rules.
4:00 p.m. – 4:15 p.m
Session 2: Core Vendor Issues
4:15 p.m. – 5:45 p.m.
Speakers: Claude Millman; John Mascialino; Denise Richardson
● Bid protests: How and when may a bidder protest procurement decisions such as those regarding specifications in invitations for bids or requests for proposals, and decisions regarding contract awards?
● Denial or revocation of pre-qualification status: How and when may a pre-qualification applicant challenge an adverse decision?
● Non-responsiveness determinations: How and when may a vendor challenge a non-responsiveness determination?
● Vendor responsibility determinations, non-responsibility appeals, and VENDEX cautions: How and when may a vendor manage business integrity and capacity issues that arise during the procurement process?
● Dispute resolution: How can a vendor elevate a contract dispute to a higher level?
NYC Law Department and City Agency attorneys should not use the form linked above. Please register instead by emailing CLE@law.nyc.gov with “New York City Procurement Law CLE” in the subject line.
Online payments of the general fee of $175 will be conducted via PayPal. Visa and MasterCard payments can also be made over the phone at 212.431.2383. Checks should be made payable to “New York Law School” and mailed to:
Center for New York City Law
New York Law School
185 West Broadway
New York, NY 10013-2921
CLE financial aid assistance is available. Application for financial aid assistance must be received no later than three weeks prior to a course offering. To view the New York Law School financial aid policies for CLE events, please visit http://www.nyls.edu/alumni-and-giving/lifetime-learning/cle/cle-tuition-assistance-2/.
New York Law School students and faculty:
A number of comped spots are available for current, active NYLS students and faculty members. If you would like to attend this program, please e-mail Libi Adler at email@example.com to make arrangements.
Need more information? Require special accommodations?
Contact coordinator Libi Adler at 212.431.2383 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
New York Law School has been certified by the New York State Board of Continuing Legal Education as an Accredited Provider of Continuing Legal Education in the State of New York. This program is approved for newly admitted and experienced attorneys.